Most businesses rely on cars, trucks or vans to operate. Whether you use your own personal vehicle for sales visits, transfer goods via a fleet of trucks or provide transportation to clients with company-owned shuttles, you must mitigate the risks associated with commercial auto insurance.

Types of Commercial Auto Coverage

Similar to personal auto insurance, commercial auto insurance comes in various forms:

  • Bodily injury coverage – If you are found at fault for an injury or death , this type of coverage provides compensation based on your limit of liability purchased.
  • Property damage coverage – If your vehicle damages another person’s property, this type of coverage pays for repairs or replacement costs.
  • Medical payments/personal injury coverage – If the driver or passengers in the insured vehicle are injured, this type of coverage covers medical costs.
  • Uninsured motorist coverage – Not all drivers are properly insured. This type of coverage protects you if you are in an accident with an uninsured or underinsured driver.
  • Comprehensive coverage – If your vehicle is damaged as a result of vandalism, theft or natural disaster, this type of coverage will pay for repairs.
  • Collision coverage – If your car is damaged in a collision, this type of coverage will compensate you for repair costs.

 Proactive Cost Control

Being properly insured is paramount to protecting your assets. However, controlling insurance costs is also important. Claims against your drivers can result in increased premiums, so keeping claims to a minimum is the key to cost control. All Things Comp works with you to ensure you have the resources you need to proactively prevent auto claims. We can help you create a comprehensive fleet and driver safety policy. Likewise, formulating a fleet fraud protection program can help minimize the risks associated with theft, staged accidents and natural disasters.

To learn more about the auto insurance your business needs and how to control costs, contact All Things Comp by calling (731) 300-2210 or by filling out the form on this page.